- Classes taught in French
- Jan-term available
- Minimum 2.5 G.P.A.
- Open to freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors
- Open to all levels of French speakers
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- One official transcript
- Entry requirements: valid passport
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDITS AVAILABLE PER TERM
5-6 Semester Credits
The intensive month session provides a general overview of French language study for all levels for those who wish to study abroad in Paris for a short-term. Students attend French language classes as well as 2 workshops in oral French, written French, and/or grammar, according to their level and ability. Overnight excursions are not included in the cost of the intensive month sessions but can be added for an extra fee when available.
This program is for students at all levels. Classes are taught at the beginning, intermediate, and advanced levels. A student’s French level is based on a placement test administered by the ICP.
January intensive month students take 21 hours of class per week, while September intensive month students take 30 hours of class per week: 15 hours of French language, plus 2 workshops in oral and written French.
THE INTENSIVE MONTH SESSION CAN ALSO BE ADDED TO A SEMESTER PROGRAM, PROVIDING AN EXCELLENT MEANS BY WHICH TO IMPROVE FRENCH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY PRIOR TO STARTING SEMESTER STUDIES.
Students receive a transcript from the Institut Catholique de Paris upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Centers, Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals and laundry with some options)
- Transit Pass
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Rebecca Cott is the Paris Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to France.
Francine Bost-Millisher, Laure Bettencourt, and Violaine Peladan are the Paris Resident Directors and will work with you during your stay in France.