- Classes taught in French
- Minimum 2.75 G.P.A.
- Open to freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Open to beginning, intermediate, advanced and superior level French speakers
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Entry requirements: valid passport
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDITS AVAILABLE PER TERM
5-6 semester credits
This program provides a general overview of French language and culture to all levels for those who wish to study abroad in Paris for a summer session.
Students take 21 hours of class per week. During the June session, coursework will be comprised exclusively of French language study in the mornings from 9am – 12pm Monday through Friday, as well as in the afternoons on Tuesdays and Thursdays. During the July session, students will have French language study in the mornings Monday through Friday (18 hours per week), along with phonetics classes on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons (3 hours per week).
All courses are taught at and transcripts are issued by the Institut Catholique de Paris upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Centers, Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals and laundry with some options)
- Mobile Phone
- Transit Pass
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Excursions (overnight, day)
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Amy Newman is the Paris Program Manager and will work with you through your departure to France.
Francine Bost-Millisher, Laure Bettencourt, and Violaine Peladan are the Paris Resident Directors and will work with you during your stay in France.