- Classes taught in French
- International excursion
- Minimum 2.75 G.P.A.
- Open to freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Open to high-intermediate, advanced and superior-level students.
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Entry requirements: valid passport
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CONTACT HOURS AVAILABLE
90 Contact Hours
6 Semester Credits
Students who wish to study abroad in Grenoble on API’s French Language and Culture Studies summer program will take approximately ten hours per week of language and ten hours per week of elective culture classes. Students may earn a maximum of 90 contact hours (6 semester credits) per summer term.
All students may choose two courses from the list of options. Options are subject to minimum enrollment. Level of study is based on a placement exam administered upon arrival by the CUEF. Attendance is required for all classes and has a major impact on the final grades and the number of contact hours and credits received.
API students will receive their transcript from the Centre Universitaire d’Études Françaises (CUEF) at Université Stendhal – Grenoble III upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Peer Mentors
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Centers, Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals and laundry with some options)
- Mobile Phone
- Transit Pass
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Excursions (overnight, day, international)
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Professional Development Opportunities
Amy Newman is the Grenoble Program Manager and will work with you through your departure to France.
Anna Exertier and Marie de Rocca Serra are the Grenoble Resident Directors, and will work with you during your stay in France.