- All classes taught in French
- Jan-term and intensive month programs
- Great short-term language learning option!
- Minimum 2.75 G.P.A.
- Open to beginning, intermediate, advanced and superior level French speakers
- Open to freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- One official transcript
- Entry requirements: valid passport
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT CONTACT HOURS
80 Contact Hours
5.33 Semester Credits
This intensive language program is designed for students at all levels who wish to study abroad in Grenoble. All students take a comprehensive French language course that focuses on writing, oral expression and pronunciation, grammar, and vocabulary. Class sizes are no larger than sixteen students. Students receive a maximum of 5.33 credit hours per intensive month session. Students spend three hours a day in class and one hour a day in the language lab. This equates to twenty hours a week, as classes are taught Monday through Friday. There are typically a maximum of sixteen people in each class. Attendance is required for all classes, impacting both the number of contact hours/credits received and the final grades. Level of French study is based on a placement exam administered upon arrival.
Students may do more than one intensive month session, or they may join the Intensive Language Program, which is a semester program consisting of 3 or 4 intensive month sessions.
All intensive month students are responsible for arriving in Grenoble on the program start date, where they are met by the API resident director. Overnight excursions are not included for intensive month students, though they may be added for an extra fee.
API students will receive their transcript from the Centre Universitaire d’Études Françaises de l’Université Grenoble Alpes upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- API Centers, Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals and laundry with some options)
- Transit Pass
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Rebecca Cott is the Grenoble Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to France.
Anna Exertier and Marie de Rocca Serra are the Grenoble Resident Directors, and will work with you during your stay in France.