- All classes taught in French
- Great language-learning option!
- Minimum 2.5 G.P.A.
- Open to freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Open to beginning, intermediate, advanced and superior level French speakers
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- One official transcript
- Entry requirements: valid passport with student visa
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS SEMESTER
FALL AND SPRING: 220-240 contact hours – 14-16 semester credits
SPRING (extended program): 320 contact hours – 21 semester credits
This intensive language program is available for students at all levels who wish to study abroad in Grenoble. All students complete a comprehensive French language course that focuses on writing, oral expression and pronunciation, grammar, and vocabulary. Students spend three hours a day in class and one hour a day in the language lab. This equates to twenty hours a week, as classes are taught Monday through Friday. There are typically a maximum of sixteen people in each class. Attendance is required for all classes, impacting both the number of contact hours/credits received and the final grades. Level of French study is based on a placement exam administered upon arrival.
- The Fall and Spring (Non-Extended Program) terms are a combination of three intensive month sessions.
- The Spring Extended Program term is a combination of four intensive month sessions.
Students’ levels will be evaluated at the end of each month session and most will move up in level over the course of the semester. Students are graded based on continuous assessment methods rather than final exams.
API students will receive their transcript from the Centre Universitaire d’Études Françaises de l’Université Grenoble Alpes upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Centers, Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals and laundry with some options)
- Transit Pass
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Rebecca Cott is the Grenoble Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to France.
Anna Exertier and Marie de Rocca Serra are the Grenoble Resident Directors, and will work with you during your stay in France.