- Classes taught in French
- International excursion
- Minimum 2.5 G.P.A.
- Open to freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Open to all levels of French speakers
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Entry requirements: valid passport
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
5 semester credits per session (up to 10 total)
This intensive language program is designed for students at all levels who wish to study abroad in Grenoble. All students take a comprehensive course that covers writing, oral expression and pronunciation, grammar, and vocabulary. Classes are no larger than 16 students. Students receive a maximum of 6 credit hours per intensive summer session. There are three hours of class work and one hour of lab each day for a total of twenty hours of class per week.
Level of study is based on a placement exam administered upon arrival by the CUEF. Attendance is required for all classes and has a major impact on the final grades and the number of contact hours and credits received.
API students will receive their transcript from the Centre Universitaire d’Études Françaises de l’Université Grenoble Alpes upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Centers, Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals and laundry with some options)
- Transit Pass
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Rebecca Cott is the Grenoble Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to France.
Anna Exertier and Marie de Rocca Serra are the Grenoble Resident Directors, and will work with you during your stay in France.