- Classes taught in French
- Prime location for World War II history buffs!
- Minimum 2.5 G.P.A.
- Open to freshman, sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- Official transcript
- One letter of recommendation
- Entry requirements: valid passport
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDITS AVAILABLE PER TERM
SUMMER 5 semester credits
This program is designed to provide summer students who wish to study abroad in Caen with the necessary language tools for an immediate immersion into the French civilization and way of life, and to enable them to gain a sufficient autonomy in a various range of communication situations. Students will take 45 hours of French language (for 3 semester credits), and will then be required to select an afternoon cultural module for an additional 30 hours (for 2 semester credits). In total, students will earn 5 semester credits for this program.
Coursework is supplemented by cultural activities and excursions, which will take place on free afternoons and weekends to enhance the learning experience.
API students will receive their transcript from the Carré International at the Université de Caen Basse-Normandie upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Resident Director
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals and laundry with some options)
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Monthly Transit Pass
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Rebecca Cott is the Caen Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to France.
Caroline Leménager is the Caen Resident Director, and will work with you during your stay in France.