- Classes taught in French
- Prime location for history buffs!
- 2.5 G.P.A.
- Open to freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors
- Open to all levels of French speakers
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- Letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Program of study statement
- Entry requirements: valid passport with student visa
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDITS AVAILABLE PER TERM
SEMESTER 12-15 semester credits
This program is designed to help students who wish to study abroad in Caen improve their written and spoken French (via grammar, vocabulary and language activities), as well as increase the students’ knowledge of various areas of French culture and civilization. All students will take courses at the Departement Formations en Langues (DFL) at the Université de Caen, Basse-Normandie that specializes in French language instruction. All classes at the DFL are taught in French. Level of French study is based on a placement exam administered before classes begin by the DFL.
API students will receive their transcript from the Departement Formations en Langues at the Université de Caen Basse-Normandie upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- Resident Director
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals and laundry with some options)
- Monthly Transit Pass
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Global Leadership Academy
Rebecca Cott is the Caen Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to France.
Caroline Leménager is the Caen Resident Director, and will work with you during your stay in France.