- Creative and diverse arts programs
- One of Europe’s top art schools
Ranked #6 in Art and Design – QS World Rankings
- Central Saint Martins ranked #1 for undergrad/post-grad courses in Fashion – QS World Rankings
- 62% of the ‘British Designers of the Year’ are UAL alumni
- Minimum 3.0 G.P.A.
- Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Must have completed at least one year in major of desired field of study
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One official transcript
- Program of study statement
- One letter of recommendation
- Students must submit all applicable portfolio as required by area of study
- Entry Requirements: Valid passport with supporting documentation (for stays under 6 months) or valid passport with student visa for stays over 6 months
Dates & Fees
If you require syllabi that are not listed below, please contact your API Program Coordinator.
Course information is arranged by program type (Integrated, or Semester Study Abroad Programs).
The following links include courses from several of the constituent UAL colleges, including Camberwell College of Arts, Central Saint Martins, Chelsea College of Arts, London College of Communication, and Wimbledon College of Arts.
Integrated Program Courses
In the UAL Integrated Programs, the word “course” refers to a “course of study,” or a “major” as we refer to it at U.S. universities. Therefore, students in this program choose only one course of study, and the classes, projects, and tutorials for that course are assigned upon arrival. Students are advised upon acceptance on the level of courses based on their previous experience in the specialist subject area. Year 1 is the equivalent of the Sophomore Year in the U.S. and Year 2 is equivalent to the Junior Year.
- The following colleges offer integrated programs for international students: Central Saint Martins, London College of Communication, Chelsea College of Arts, Camberwell College of Arts, and Wimbledon College of Arts. The college offering the course is indicated before the course title.
Semester Study Abroad Programs For International Students
These programs are usually 40% integrated with local students, and 60% tailored to study abroad students (the proportions may change with some exceptions). The teaching is generally more structured and there is more faculty support than in the integrated programs.
- The following colleges offer semester study abroad programs for international students: Central Saint Martins and Chelsea College of Arts. The college offering the course is indicated before the course title.