- Classes taught in English
- Creative and diverse arts offerings
- Special UAL scholarships available! (contact your API Program Manager for details)
- One of Europe’s top art programs!
- Minimum 3.0 G.P.A.
- Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Must have completed at least one year in major of desired field of study
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One official transcript
- Program of study statement
- One letter of recommendation
- Students must submit all applicable portfolio as required by area of study
- Entry Requirements: Valid passport with supporting documentation (for stays under 6 months) or valid passport with student visa for stays over 6 months
Dates & Fees
University of the Arts London
University of the Arts London (UAL) is a collegiate university comprising 6 internationally renowned colleges of art, design, communications, fashion and the performing arts, and as such is the largest provider of higher level education in the arts in Europe. All the colleges are located in London and each college is at the heart of their respective communities. Drawing on and contributing to the local culture, they foster closely-knit and welcoming environments in which to study, supported by all the resources of the larger University and the wider arts community.
The University’s 3,000 employees are active professional artists, designers, critics, and theorists that lead the way on creative and experimental practice alongside historical and theoretical analysis. The combination of a varied student group, cutting-edge research, and highly-experienced staff creates a unique, multifaceted learning experience.
Programs at UAL
At UAL there are two main options for study abroad, as well one option that combines the best of the two main options:
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS 40 UAL credits per term (12 semester credits)
Students enroll directly alongside local undergraduate students who are full-time, degree-seeking students. Students are required to work more independently than they may be accustomed to at their home institution. While teaching is not conducted in a traditional U.S. lecture-based class setting, students receive guidance from faculty and are helped to identify the resources they need to reach course goals. Course content is delivered in a variety of ways, including individual and group tutorials, projects, seminars, lectures, and museum, gallery and studio visits.
Integrated “Plus” Program – For Fine Art Majors
Central Saint Martins also offers an Integrated “Plus” model, which gives study abroad students the ability to enroll in a Fine Arts track with local students, while also receiving additional support and instruction, participating in special projects, and experiencing customized visits aimed at helping these students get the most out of their integrated experience.
Semester Study Abroad Programs
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS 12 – 16 U.S. credits per semester.
These programs are usually 40% integrated with local students, and 60% tailored to study abroad students (the proportions may change with some exceptions). The teaching is generally more structured and there is more faculty support than in the integrated programs.
Students receive an official transcript from the University of the Arts London upon completion of the program. Students are assessed on the basis of project work, preparatory materials, the log and written assignments.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- Resident Director
- On-Site Orientation
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Kelsey Patton is the London Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to England.
Nadia Jennings and Heather Lees are the London Resident Directors and will work with you during your stay in England.