- Classes taught in English
- Listed among top 10 world universities
- 3.3 overall G.P.A. (3.5 and good background in major area of study)
- Open to juniors and seniors
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Program of study statement
- NOTE: Students should apply to a department in which they have a background of study (major or minor)
- Entry requirements: valid passport with supporting documents for stays under 6 months or valid passport with student visa for stays over 6 months
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
Up to 16 semester credits per session
Students looking for a prestigious university to study abroad in London need look no further than University College London (UCL). UCL is a modern, outward-looking institution, committed to engaging with the major issues of the day. It is ranked as one of the top 10 universities in the world, and only admits the highest caliber of students. More than 25 alumni hold Nobel Prizes, and the university has been named the top research university in the U.K. Over 29,000 students from more than 150 countries call UCL home, and UCL has the highest number of professors of any university in the U.K. UCL was the first university in England to admit students of all races, religions, and classes, and the first to give female students equal standing to their male counterparts. UCL was also a pioneer in study abroad, admitting Japanese students as early as 1863!
UCL FEE INFORMATION:
The program price varies based on the admitting department. A breakdown of the departments can be found on the UCL course offerings page.
Students at University College London (UCL) take up to 16 U.S. credits per semester. Course credits at UCL are determined based on how many “units” they are worth. Most UCL courses are worth .5, 1, or 2 units, and a UCL unit is the equivalent of 8 U.S. semester credits – in other words, a .5 unit course is worth 4 U.S. semester credits; a 1 unit course is worth 8 U.S. semester credits. Credit amounts per course are indicated on the course offerings page.
Students receive an official transcript from University College London upon successful completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- Resident Director
- On-Site Orientation
- Mobile Phone
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Excursions (overnight, day)
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Erin MacDonald is the London Program Manager and will work with you through your departure to England.
Rachel Wellborn, Nadia Jennings, and Lucy Cox are the London Resident Directors and will work with you during your stay in England.