- Classes taught in English
- Painting, sculpture, theater and screen production programs
- Work placement opportunities in some courses
- Special UAL scholarships available! (contact your API Program Manager for details)
- Minimum 3.0 G.P.A.
- Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Must have completed at least one year in major of desired field of study
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- Letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Program of study statement
- Students must submit all applicable portfolio as required by area of study
- Entry Requirements: Valid passport with supporting documentation (for stays under 6 months) or valid passport with student visa for stays over 6 months
Dates & Fees
University of the Arts London (UAL)
University of the Arts London is a collegiate university comprising 6 internationally renowned colleges of art, design, communications, fashion and the performing arts, and as such is the largest provider of higher level education in the arts in Europe. All the colleges are located within London and each college is at the heart of their respective communities. Drawing on and contributing to the local culture, they foster closely-knit and welcoming environments in which to study, supported by all the resources of the larger University and the wider arts community. The University’s 1,228 teaching staff; as active professional artists, practitioners, designers, critics and theorists, lead the way on creative and experimental practice alongside historical and theoretical analysis. The combination of a varied student group, cutting-edge research and highly-experienced staff creates a unique, multifaceted learning experience for students at the University.
Wimbledon College of Arts
Wimbledon College of Arts is a small, specialist art college with an outstanding reputation in fine art and theatre. Students join a close-knit and friendly community, far enough away from the centre of London to have space to think and work in the leafy outskirts of London, but just a 15 minute rail journey to the city’s rich cultural centre. Student population: 1,124
Programs at UAL
The Colleges offer the University’s 20,000 students a diverse range of courses, with some of the colleges offering a different focus or area of study within the same discipline. As these courses often have the same course title across the colleges and as each college has its own personality, we encourage students to read carefully both the course descriptions and the descriptions of each college, before making a careful choice of which to apply for.
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS 40 UAL credits per term (12 semester credits)
Students enroll directly alongside local undergraduate students who are full-time, degree-seeking students. Students are required to work more independently than they may be accustomed to at their home institution. While teaching is not conducted in a traditional U.S. lecture-based class setting, students receive guidance from faculty and are helped to identify the resources they need to reach course goals. Course content is delivered in a variety of ways, including individual and group tutorials, projects, seminars, lectures, and museum, gallery and studio visits.
Two of the theater/costume courses offer work placement opportunities. Students who select these options will require a different visa, and are advised to consult their API Program Manager.
Students receive an official transcript from the University of the Arts London upon completion of the program. Students are assessed on the basis of project work, preparatory materials, the log and written assignments.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- Resident Director
- On-Site Orientation
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Excursions (overnight, day)
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Program
Kelsey Patton is the London Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to England.
Nadia Jennings is the London Resident Director and will work with you during your stay in England.