- Classes taught in English
- Courses with U.S. students
- World-class theater instruction
- Transcript from U.S. accredited institution (Florida State University)
- Minimum 2.75 GPA
- Open to sophomores, juniors and seniors
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Portfolio or audition reel (as applicable)
- Entry requirement: valid passport with supporting documents for stays under 6 months or valid passport with student visa for stays over 6 months
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
12-15 semester credits
The Theatre Academy London (TAL ) program at the Florida State University London Study Center is a training program that enables students to study with some of London’s leading theatre artists and earn academic credit toward their degrees. TAL offers a uniquely wide range of conservatory-style courses, from acting, to playwriting; from stage combat to directing; and from movement to Shakespeare.
The academic focus varies from the fall to the spring semester. The spring semester offers a unique Dramatic Writing track that focuses on writing for stage and screen, as well as courses in the history and development of drama, and its cultural and political contexts. The fall semester offers a Performance Studies track that focuses on actor training, including an introduction to London theatre, Shakespeare, movement, and scene study.
MASTERCLASSES AND WORKSHOPS
Every semester, TAL brings in professional artists from the ever-changing London theatre community to lead brief sessions on a variety of stage skills. Each session provides practical application and insightful feedback on students’ work.
BROAD CURRICULUM COURSES
In addition to the TAL courses, students may also enroll in courses drawn from the larger liberal arts curriculum of the FSU London Study Center campus.
Students receive an official transcript from Florida State University upon successful completion of program. Florida State University is a four-year, fully accredited U.S. university in Tallahasse, Florida.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- Resident Director
- On-Site Orientation
- Breakfast on campus (class days)
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Kelsey Patton is the London Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to England.
Nadia Jennings and Heather Lees are the London Resident Directors and will work with you during your stay in England.