- Classes taught in Spanish and English
- Complete electives in English or Spanish with local students
- Minimum 2.5 G.P.A.
- Open to rising sophomores, juniors and seniors
- Open to students who have completed a minimum of four semesters of college-level Spanish or the equivalent
- Completed API application
- One letter of recommendation
- One official transcript
- University contact information form
- Entry requirement: valid passport
Add on a Volunteer Program!
- API students completing a study abroad program (particularly in Latin America) may be interested in extending their stay on an API volunteer abroad program. Click on the link below for more information on options and pricing.
- Volunteer Add-On Options
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
3-9 semester credits
Students selecting the Integrated Liberal Arts Program at the Universidad San Francisco de Quito (USFQ) may complete a Spanish language course in combination with 1-2 electives with local students. Students can choose courses
from a number of departments at USFQ, including Business and Economics; Hospitality, Culinary Art and Tourism; Biological and Environmental Sciences; Social Sciences and Humanities; Science and Engineering and Communication
and Contemporary Art. All courses are the equivalent of 3 U.S. semester credits.
Students who do not wish to complete language study may select an additional elective course in lieu of Spanish. The majority of electives taught in the summer are available only in Spanish; coursework in English is very limited during the summer. To be eligible to complete literature courses in Spanish, API students must reach a minimum score on the online language placement test prior to departure. Course registration will take place online prior to arrival on-site.
API students receive an official transcript issued by the Universidad San Francisco de Quito upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals and laundry)
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Juliana Lindsey is the Quito Program Manager and will work with you through your departure to Ecuador.
Andrea Coba is the Quito Resident Director and will work with you during your stay in Ecuador.