- Courses in Arabic and English
- Courses with Qatari and international students
- International excursion
- AACSB and ABET accredited
- Minimum 2.75 G.P.A.
- Open to sophomores, juniors and seniors
- Courses taught in Arabic open to native speakers
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Passport copy
- 2 passport-sized photos
- Entry requirements: Valid passport and visa
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
Semester: 12-15 semester credits
Students who elect to study abroad in Doha with API at Qatar University (QU) choose from courses in the science, engineering, and sports management fields open to international and Qatari students through the Direct Enrollment Track. Arabic language courses may also be available. Contact the API office for details.
ACADEMIC CALENDAR AND FALL PROGRAM
The academic calendar in Qatar is slightly different from that of most U.S. universities. The fall semester at Qatar University starts later than the average fall semester in the United States, and as such, the fall semester does not end until late January. Classes are held throughout the month of January, followed by final exams.
API students receive a transcript from Qatar University upon successful completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Excursions (overnight, day, international)
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Jaclyn Whitehead is the Doha Program Manager and will work with you through your departure to Qatar.
Ghina Elkasti is the Doha Resident Director, and will work with you during your stay in Qatar.