- Classes taught in Spanish
- Transcript from U.S. accredited institution available (Marist College)
- Round-trip airfare (Miami-Havana) included
- 3.0 G.P.A.
- Must be enrolled as a degree-seeking undergraduate student and under the age of 25
- Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- One official transcript
- Entry requirements: valid passport and entry visa
Add on a Volunteer Program!
- API students completing a study abroad program (particularly in Latin America) may be interested in extending their stay on an API volunteer abroad program. Click on the link below for more information on options and pricing.
- Volunteer Add-On Options
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
Students who study abroad in Cuba with API during the summer participate in the Language and Culture Program.
Note: The contact hours for the Summer 1 and 2 courses are different due to different program session lengths. The Summer 1 program is a four-week program, while the Summer 2 program is a three-week program.
SUMMER 1 (JUNE PROGRAM)
Summer 1 students choose between one of two offered tracks: Spanish Language or Spanish Language and Culture/Cine. Language levels are evaluated upon completion of an on-site placement exam administered by the Universidad de la Habana.
Summer 1, Track 1 students complete one 90-hour Spanish language and culture course.
Summer 1, Track 2 students complete one 45-hour language course alongside one 45-hour culture or cinema course. The cinema course is available for students who have an intermediate/advanced level of Spanish. Language levels are evaluated upon completion of an on-site placement exam administered by the Universidad de la Habana.
SUMMER 2 (JULY PROGRAM)
Summer 2 students complete one 75 contact hour Spanish language and culture course (comprised of 60 hours of classroom Spanish and 15 hours of culture).
Students receive a transcript from the Universidad de la Habana upon completion of their program.
- Round-Trip Airfare (Miami-Havana)
- Orientation Materials and Support
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- Resident Director
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (breakfast and dinner included)
- Language and Cultural Tools
- Medical Insurance
- Social and Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Re-Entry Materials and Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network and Global Leadership Academy
Hannah Stack is the Havana Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to Cuba.
Helene Jouen and Emily Moran are the Havana Resident Directors, and will work with you during your stay in Cuba.