- Classes taught in Spanish
- Transcript from U.S. accredited institution available (Marist College)
- Round-trip airfare (Miami-Havana) included
- 3.0 G.P.A.
- Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Must be enrolled as a degree-seeking undergraduate student and under the age of 25
- Open to intermediate and advanced level Spanish speakers (with a minimum of 3 semesters of college-level Spanish or the equivalent)
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- One official transcript
- Entry requirements: valid passport with student visa
Add on a Volunteer Program!
- API students completing a study abroad program (particularly in Latin America) may be interested in extending their stay on an API volunteer abroad program. Click on the link below for more information on options and pricing.
- Volunteer Add-On Options
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
12-16 SEMESTER CREDITS
Students who want to study abroad in Cuba and focus on Spanish language studies, as well as Cuban culture, would be well suited to this program.
In addition to Spanish language, students in this program will be able to choose from courses in Cuban culture, cinema, literature, history, and linguistics.
All courses are taught in Spanish. Courses are offered Monday through Friday, in both the mornings and afternoons. Course work will be supplemented by numerous cultural activities and excursions.
Students receive a transcript from the Universidad de la Habana upon completion of their program. If a student’s home university requires a U.S. school of record, they can elect to receive a transcript from Marist College (a four-year, fully accredited U.S. college in Poughkeepsie, New York) for an additional fee. Students can indicate their preference prior to the start of the program.
- Round-Trip Airfare (Miami-Havana)
- Orientation Materials and Support
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- Resident Director
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (breakfast and dinner included)
- Language and Cultural Tools
- Medical Insurance
- Social and Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Re-Entry Materials and Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network and Global Leadership Academy
Hannah Stack is the Havana Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to Cuba.
Helene Jouen and Emily Moran are the Havana Resident Directors, and will work with you during your stay in Cuba.