- Courses taught in Spanish and English
- Minimum 2.6 G.P.A.
- Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Open to all levels of Spanish speakers
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Entry requirement: valid passport with supporting documents (more information provided post-acceptance)
Add on a Volunteer Program!
- API students completing a study abroad program (particularly in Latin America) may be interested in extending their stay on an API volunteer abroad program. Click on the link below for more information on options and pricing.
- Volunteer Add-On Options
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
5 – 9 Semester credits
Students who choose to study abroad in San José through API’s Language and Culture Program at the Universidad Veritas have the option to focus on improving their Spanish skills, complete elective courses in English or Spanish, or both!
TRACK 1 OPTION
Students selecting the Track 1 option will complete one course during a summer session. This course can be an intensive Spanish language course (80 contact hours) or an elective course (45 or 60 contact hours) in English or Spanish. Students selecting Track 1 for the combined session of Summer 1 & 2 may complete a maximum of two courses during their 11-week stay.
TRACK 2 OPTION
Students selecting the Track 2 option will complete two courses during a summer session. Students can elect to complete an intensive Spanish language course in combination with an elective course in Spanish or English or complete two elective courses. Students who select Track 2 for the combined session of Summer 1 & 2 may complete a maximum of four courses during their 11-week stay.
API students receive a transcript from the Universidad Veritas upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Centers, Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals and laundry)
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Hannah Stack is the San José Program Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to Costa Rica.
Francy Orozco is the San José Resident Director, and will work with you during your stay in Costa Rica.