- Classes taught in Spanish
- Volunteer opportunities available
- International excursion in fall semester
- Minimum 2.6 G.P.A.
- Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Open to advanced Spanish speakers
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Additional supplemental forms
- Completion of an oral interview
- Entry requirement: valid passport with supporting documents (more information provided post-acceptance)
Add on a Volunteer Program!
- API students completing a study abroad program (particularly in Latin America) may be interested in extending their stay on an API volunteer abroad program. Click on the link below for more information on options and pricing.
- Volunteer Add-On Options
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
12-18 credit hours
This program offers advanced Spanish speakers the opportunity to study art and design abroad by taking integrated courses with local Costa Rican students in the areas of advertising design, architecture, digital animation, interior design, photography, and product design. Students are highly encouraged to complete an intensive month of Spanish upon arrival and may consider taking one elective course in Spanish for international students to complement their studies with local students. Program fees include a maximum of up to 18 credit hours, which may consist of a mix of integrated courses with Costa Rican students and 1-2 courses designed for visiting international students.
All students will complete an online Spanish written placement test prior to departure. Students who do not demonstrate a high level of Spanish will be asked to consider alternate program options at Veritas for visiting international students.
All students receive a transcript from the Universidad Veritas upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Centers, Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals and laundry)
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Hannah Stack is the San José Program Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to Costa Rica.
Francy Orozco is the San José Resident Director, and will work with you during your stay in Costa Rica.