- All classes taught in Spanish
- Transcript from U.S. accredited institution (Fairfield University)
- Community service opportunities
- Minimum 3.0 G.P.A.
- Open to freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Open to intermediate, advanced, and superior-level Spanish speakers
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Entry requirement: valid passport with supporting documents
Add on a Volunteer Program!
- API students completing a study abroad program (particularly in Latin America) may be interested in extending their stay on an API volunteer abroad program. Click on the link below for more information on options and pricing.
- Volunteer Add-On Options
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
90 hours per session
6 semester credits
This summer study abroad program at the Instituto San Joaquín de Flores focuses on intensive language and culture for students at the intermediate level of Spanish and higher. Students complete up to two classes for a total of 6 semester credits per session. Each student will complete a placement exam administered upon arrival by the Instituto San Joaquín de Flores.
API students will receive a transcript from U.S. accredited Fairfield University upon completion of the program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals and laundry)
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Hannah Stack is the San Joaquín de Flores Program Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to Costa Rica.
Esteban López is the San Joaquín de Flores Resident Director, and will work with you during your stay in Costa Rica.