- Courses in Mandarin and English
- 2.5 G.P.A.
- Open to freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Open to all levels of Mandarin speakers
- Completed API Application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Copy of passport
- Entry requirements: valid passport and student visa
Dates & Fees
Chinese Language (Beginning – Advanced) (4) [Syllabus]
The Chinese language course is tactically designed to provide complete immersion into the Chinese language, culture, and way of life. The course provides modern learning techniques with interesting Chinese-related subject matter to nurture a stimulating and enjoyable language learning experience. The course focuses on phonetics, listening, speaking, reading, writing, vocabulary, and grammar appropriate to the student’s level.
Students will also “learn by doing” through in- and out-of class activities such as Chinese cultural lectures, Chinese cooking lessons, Chinese paper cutting, Taiji workshops, and visits in and around Shanghai.