- Courses in Mandarin and English
- 2.5 G.P.A.
- Open to freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Open to all levels of Mandarin speakers
- Completed API Application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Copy of passport
- Entry requirements: valid passport and student visa
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
4 semester credits
Students who choose to study abroad in Shanghai with API will take courses at East China Normal University (ECNU). ECNU a national renowned university under the direct auspices of the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China, is one of the most prestigious universities in the country. Founded in 1951, it is nationally accredited by the Ministry of Education of the PRC and a member of the prestigious 211 and 985 projects. Boasting one of the most beautiful university campuses in China, the university is reputed as the “garden university.”
ECNU is a research university with an extensive range of disciplines including education, social sciences, humanities, natural sciences & technologies and administrative sciences. ECNU currently enrolls more than 30,000 students from all parts of China and abroad, of which more than 5,000 are international students. The Global China Program will be hosted in ECNU North Zhongshan Road Campus (Downtown Campus).
Students in this program will participate in a small Chinese language course in addition to a Chinese cultural course (conducted in English) for a total of 4 semester credits over a four-week period.
API students receive their transcript from East China Normal University upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Resident Director
- On-Site Orientation
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Transit Pass
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Manuel Ramirez is the Shanghai Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to China.
Corrine Zhou is the Shanghai Resident Coordinator and will work with you during your stay in China.