- Immersive Chinese language program (Mandarin)
- Intensive, additional credit option available
- 2.5 G.P.A.
- Open to 2nd semester freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Open to all levels of Mandarin speakers
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- One passport photo
- Photocopy of passport
- Entry requirements: valid passport and student visa
Dates & Fees
If you require syllabi that are not listed below, please contact your API Program Manager.
Students in this program will be immersed in Chinese language instruction for 18 weeks and can expect to earn approximately 12-semester credits for the standard Chinese language program (or up to 18-semester credits if they elect to pursue the intensive Chinese option for an additional fee).
CHINESE LANGUAGE COURSE – FALL AND SPRING
This program offers immersive and intensive Chinese language instruction for students at all levels, from complete beginners to more advanced language learners.
The instruction stresses the equal importance of listening, speaking, reading, and writing Chinese, in order to lay a solid foundation for students learning. Classes are generally no larger than 20 students and meet for 20 hours per week.