- Classes taught in Spanish and English
- Options to take courses with Chilean students
- AACSB accredited business program
- Minimum 2.5 G.P.A.
- Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Open to students at all levels of Spanish; one semester of Spanish language highly recommended
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Entry requirement: valid passport with student visa
Add on a Volunteer Program!
- API students completing a study abroad program (particularly in Latin America) may be interested in extending their stay on an API volunteer abroad program. Click on the link below for more information on options and pricing.
- Volunteer Add-On Options
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT CONTACT
Semester: 12-17 semester credit hours
The Business and Latin American Studies Program at the Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez is open to students at all Spanish levels. Students have the opportunity to complete Spanish language courses along with business, Chilean culture, and Latin American studies courses in English or Spanish. Students with an advanced level of Spanish are welcome to select integrated courses with Chilean students from the standard university course offerings. Courses with Chilean students are available in business administration, engineering, journalism and psychology, as well as other areas of liberal arts and the social sciences. Students who elect to complete courses with Chilean students will need to stay several extra weeks in Chile due to a more extensive exam period and will be assessed an additional fee for extending their housing. Business courses at UAI are AACSB accredited.
During the orientation period on-site, all students complete a language placement test to determine their Spanish level.
ACADEMIC AND CALENDAR YEAR STUDENTS
The Chilean academic calendar follows the calendar year: the first semester in Chile is actually the equivalent of the spring semester in the U.S. Students who wish to study for two semesters in Chile are encouraged to consider the Calendar Year option (spring/fall) rather than the traditional Academic Year option (fall/spring). Students selecting a Calendar Year program have access to API housing throughout their program and are not required to travel or return home during the semester break. In contrast, students selecting an Academic Year option will have approximately a 2.5-month break between semesters during which API housing is not provided.
API students receive a transcript from the Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- Resident Director
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals and laundry)
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals)
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Hannah Stack is the Viña del Mar Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to Chile.
Alejandra Rojas is the Viña del Mar Resident Director, and will work with you during your stay in Chile.