- Classes taught in Spanish
- Minimum 2.5 G.P.A.
- Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- No minimum study of Spanish required
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Entry requirement: valid passport with supporting documents
Add on a Volunteer Program!
- API students completing a study abroad program (particularly in Latin America) may be interested in extending their stay on an API volunteer abroad program. Click on the link below for more information on options and pricing.
- Volunteer Add-On Options
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
90 contact hours per term; 6 semester credit
Students who choose to study abroad in Valparaíso in API’s Chilean Culture and Spanish Language Program have the opportunity to complete 6 semester credits of language and culture coursework.
Beginning and intermediate-level Spanish speakers will complete a Spanish grammar course along with a conversation and culture course.
Advanced Spanish speakers may choose to complete a grammar course along with an elective course or simply select two elective courses.
All courses are available only to visiting international students and are taught in Spanish. All courses are equivalent to three semester credits.
API students receive a transcript from the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Valparaíso upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- Resident Director
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals and laundry)
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Excursions (overnight and day)
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals)
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Hannah Stack is the Valparaíso Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to Chile.
Alejandra Rojas is the Valparaíso Resident Director, and will work with you during your stay in Chile.