- Classes taught in Spanish
- Combine multiple intensive months in other API locations and/or an API internship program to create a custom quarter program
- Jan-term program!
- Minimum 2.5 G.P.A.
- Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Open to students who have completed a minimum of five semesters of college Spanish or the equivalent
- Completed API application
- University Contact Information Form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Entry requirement: valid passport with student visa
Add on a Volunteer Program!
- API students completing a study abroad program (particularly in Latin America) may be interested in extending their stay on an API volunteer abroad program. Click on the link below for more information on options and pricing.
- Volunteer Add-On Options
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
3 semester credits
Students wishing to study Spanish language and culture intensively at the advanced level are ideally suited to the January Intersession Program. The intensive course will consist of 48 contact hours (3 U.S. semester credits) over a four-week period. The course consists of three parts related to the following topics:
- Culture and Oral Expression
- Grammar and Poetry
- Latin American Short Stories
Note: This program is highly recommended for students who wish to study for the spring semester at the Universidad Alberto Hurtado (UAH). Spring semester students who participate in the January Intersession program will have approximately five weeks to travel independently after completing the program and before starting the standard spring semester.
API students receive a transcript issued by the Universidad Alberto Hurtado upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- Resident Director
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals and laundry)
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals)
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Hannah Stack is the Santiago Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to Chile.
Claudia Aliaga is the Santiago Resident Director, and will work with you during your stay in Chile.