- Classes taught in English
- Study abroad certificate available
- Global leadership program option
- Fieldwork and research opportunities
- Special scholarships available – see the API Scholarships Page!
- Macquarie is ranked #9 Most International University in the World in 2014 by Times Higher Education
- Macquarie is ranked among the world’s top 50 universities for linguistics and psychology – QS World University Rankings
- Macquarie is ranked among the world’s top 100 universities for accounting and finance, communication and media studies, earth and marine sciences, education, literature, geography, and philosophy – QS World University Rankings
- Macquarie is home to Australia’s most technologically advanced private hospital on a university campus
- Minimum 2.5 G.P.A.
- Open to sophomores, juniors and seniors only
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Photocopy of passport
- Entry requirement: valid passport student visa
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
Macquarie University was established in 1964, and ranks among the top universities in Australia and the world in a number of subjects. It was awarded 5 stars in the prestigious QS Stars rating system for their high performance in areas such as teaching, research, graduate employability, and facilities. In fact, recent investments of over 1 billion dollars have helped make Macquarie one of the most technologically-advanced campuses in the country. Macquarie’s beautiful campus is located just 15 km from Sydney’s central business district via public transportation.
API students at Macquarie University can choose from a wide variety of course options with Australian and other international students. There are also options to pursue specialty certificate programs, fieldwork, and research opportunities.
Courses at Macquarie University consist of a mixture of lectures and tutorials. Laboratory and field experience may also be key components of specific subjects. Generally, lectures meet 1-2 times per week in large lecture halls, whereas tutorials are typically conducted once per week in smaller groups. Self-directed study and outside reading are also important components of the course structure.
Macquarie University operates on a credit ‘point’ system. Credit values per course at Macquarie may vary (generally 3 credit points equals 4 U.S. credits), so students should be sure to check equivalencies with their home university in order to maintain their full-time enrollment. Students will select 3-4 courses for a total of 9-12 credit points, or approximately 12-16 U.S. semester credits.
API students receive a transcript from Macquarie University upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (included, but billed separately from program cost)
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals)
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Rebecca Cott is the Sydney Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to Australia.
Aaron Hutchinson is the Sydney Resident Coordinator, and will work with you during your stay in Australia.