- Classes taught in English
- Internships available for credit
- Volunteer opportunities available
- La Trobe University is among the world’s elite institutions in more than a third of subjects assessed in the latest QS World University Rankings.
- Seven La Trobe subjects are in the world’s top 200 list: linguistics, agriculture, psychology, accounting and finance, education, law, politics and international studies.
- La Trobe University’s Melbourne Campus is one of the most attractive university campuses in Australia. It includes 600 acres of stunning parkland and waterways and a major wildlife sanctuary.
- The campus community feel is completed with retail outlets and services including a hairdresser, travel agent, weekly markets, banks, bakery, post office, theater, convenience stores and much more.
- Minimum 2.5 G.P.A.
- Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- One academic and one non-academic reference
- Official transcript
- Copy of passport
- Entry requirement: valid passport with student visa
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
La Trobe University was founded in 1967 and is known for its excellence and innovation in relation to the big issues of our time, and for its enthusiasm to make a difference. API students will take courses at the Bundoora Campus (main campus, Melbourne) of La Trobe University with Australian and other international students in a number of subject areas, including agriculture and environmental science, education, engineering, public health, urban planning, and more!
La Trobe University issues credits that are equal 0.25 U.S. credits; in other words, to determine U.S. semester credit equivalency from La Trobe credits, divide by four. A full-time workload at La Trobe is typically 60 La Trobe credits per semester (or 15 U.S. credits). As courses at La Trobe can equate to varying amounts of U.S. credit hours, all students should verify that they will complete the required amount of credit for their home university upon their arrival. Students usually complete 3-4 modules per term.
API students receive a transcript from the La Trobe University upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (included, but billed separately from program cost)
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Excursions (overnight and day)
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals)
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Rebecca Cott is the Melbourne Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to Australia.
Axell Pineda Molina is the Melbourne Resident Coordinator, and will work with you during your stay in Australia.