- Classes taught in English
- AACSB accreditation
- Trimester program
- Special certificate and research programs
- Internship opportunities
- Access Honors College
- Griffith Mates peer mentor program
- Griffith is ranked in the top 3% of universities worldwide (jumping 45 places in 2016!)
- Highly ranked as a young university, placing in the QS University Rankings Top 50 Under 50.
- Griffith University ranks 8th among Australian universities, according to the latest research rankings in the Nature Publishing Index for the Asia-Pacific region.
- Minimum 2.5 G.P.A.
- Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Copy of passport
- Entry requirement: valid passport with student visa
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
Griffith University was founded in 1971 with the goal of offering new degrees in progressive fields and integrating immersive teaching. It has since grown into a large, comprehensive, and research-intensive university, ranking in the top 3% of universities worldwide with many areas of study in the world’s top 50. Griffith’s strong teaching focus has been rewarded by having Australia’s #1 university teacher for the past two years, and 5 QS starts for graduate employability, as well as offering community internship positions to all study abroad students. API students at Griffith will be able to take courses in a number of subject areas, including business, criminology, creative and visual arts, education, engineering, health, music, sciences, tourism and hospitality, and more! Students can take courses at the Brisbane campuses (Nathan, South Bank, Mt. Gravatt), or the Gold Coast Campus.
Griffith University features an Honors College program (extracurricular), as well as a community internship offering (for credit). For more information on these options, contact the API Australia Program Manager.
Courses at Griffith University consist of a mixture of lectures and tutorials. Laboratory and field experience may also be key components of specific subjects. Generally, lectures meet 1-2 times per week in large lecture halls, whereas tutorials are typically conducted once per week in smaller groups. Self-directed study and outside reading are also important components of the course structure.
Griffith University (Brisbane/Gold Coast) in Australia operates on a credit ‘point’ system. A typical course at Griffith is equal to 10 credit points. Full-time status is 40 credits (typically 4 subjects). 1 subject at Griffith University is equivalent to 3-4 U.S. semester credits or 4-6 U.S. quarter credits. Students should be sure to check equivalencies with their home university in order to maintain their full-time enrollment (12 U.S. credits).
API students receive a transcript from the Griffith University upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals)
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Rebecca Cott is the Brisbane/Gold Coast Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to Australia.
Thea Roberts is the Brisbane/Gold Coast Resident Coordinator, and will work with you during your stay in Australia.