- Classes in Spanish and English
- International excursion
- Minimum 2.75 G.P.A.
- Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Open to all levels of Spanish speakers
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Completion of oral interview (if coursework with Argentine students is desired)
- Entry requirement: valid passport with proof of payment of reciprocity fee and supporting documents
Add on a Volunteer Program!
- API students completing a study abroad program (particularly in Latin America) may be interested in extending their stay on an API volunteer abroad program. Click on the link below for more information on options and pricing.
- Volunteer Add-On Options
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
SEMESTER: 12-15 semester credits
Students in this program have the option of completing Spanish language coursework in combination with elective courses in English related to a variety of disciplines, including Argentine culture and society, economics, politics, and viticulture. Coursework is designed for visiting international students, though elective courses in English are also open to Argentine students at the Universidad de Congreso.
Advanced-level Spanish speakers have the option to complete coursework in Spanish alongside their Argentine peers. As the standard Argentine academic calendar begins earlier than the session for international students, taking courses with Argentines will require an additional fee and affect the program start date.
COMMUNITY SERVICE/INTERN/VOLUNTEER OPTIONS
Students interested in hands-on experience with “mendocinos” as the local inhabitants of Mendoza are called, are welcome to volunteer at local NGOs committed to the protection of wildlife, the environment and at-risk children. Students who wish to gain professional experience while earning academic credit are recommended to select the internship course offered by the Universidad de Congresso.
ACADEMIC AND CALENDAR YEAR STUDENTS
The Argentine academic calendar follows the calendar year. The first semester in Argentina is actually the equivalent of the spring semester in the U.S. Students who wish to study for two semesters in Argentina are encouraged to consider the Calendar Year option (spring/fall). Students selecting a Calendar Year program have access to API housing throughout their program. In contrast, students selecting the more traditional Academic Year option will have approximately a 2-month break between semesters during which API housing is not provided.
API students receive their transcript from the Universidad de Congreso upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- Resident Director
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals with host families)
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Excursions (overnight, day, international)
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals)
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Carolyn Boudreau is the Mendoza Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to Argentina.
Rodrigo Lemos the Mendoza Resident Director and will work with you during your stay in Argentina.