- Classes taught in Spanish
- International excursion
- Complete several levels of Spanish study in one semester
- Minimum 3.0 G.P.A.
- Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Open to all levels of Spanish speakers
- Completed API application
- University Contact Information Form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Course form
- Entry requirement: valid passport and supporting documents
Add on a Volunteer Program!
- API students completing a study abroad program (particularly in Latin America) may be interested in extending their stay on an API volunteer abroad program. Click on the link below for more information on options and pricing.
- Volunteer Add-On Options
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
14-15 semester credits • 224 contact hours
The Intensive Language Program at the Universidad Torcuato di Tella is designed to help students quickly improve their Spanish skills. Participants will complete the equivalent of two levels of language study in just one semester. Levels of Spanish offered include Beginners I and II and Intermediate I and II only.
Each semester is divided into two, seven-week modules. Each module corresponds to one level of Spanish. There is a one-week break between modules. Over the course of the term, students complete a total of 168 contact hours of language study, the equivalent of twelve hours of in-class instruction each week. All students will complete an additional course taught in English entitled “History and Culture of Argentina” for four hours each week to complement their language studies and enhance their understanding of the host country.
ACADEMIC AND CALENDAR YEAR STUDENTS
Students interested in spending two semesters in Buenos Aires are encouraged to apply to the “Humanities and Social Studies Program” for the second semester.
API students receive a transcript from the Universidad Torcuato di Tella upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Centers, Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals with host families)
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Excursions (overnight, day, international)
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals)
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Carolyn Boudreau is the Buenos Aires Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to Argentina.
Carmen Alvarez de Toledo is the Buenos Aires Resident Director, and will work with you during your stay in Argentina.