- Classes in Spanish Language
- Courses in English and Spanish with local students
- Service-learning option
- International excursion
- Minimum 2.75 G.P.A.
- Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- One year of Spanish language background required to take coursework in English
- Five semesters of college-level Spanish required for courses in Spanish
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- Statement of purpose
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Passport copy
- Entry requirement: valid passport and supporting documents
Add on a Volunteer Program!
- API students completing a study abroad program (particularly in Latin America) may be interested in extending their stay on an API volunteer abroad program. Click on the link below for more information on options and pricing.
- Volunteer Add-On Options
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
Early Start Semester
18 semester credits
12 semester credits
Students interested in studying abroad in Buenos Aires and completing courses alongside Argentine peers within an urban university are ideally suited for this program. Students can select from 16 courses offered in English with local Argentine students, or complete courses specially designed for visiting international students, including Spanish language. Advanced Spanish speakers may choose to complete integrated courses in Spanish with local students.
EARLY START OPTION
Students selecting the Early Start option complete an intensive Spanish language course prior to the start of the standard semester. The intensive Spanish course consists of a 100 hours of class over a total of 4 weeks.
SPANISH LANGUAGE OPTIONS
Students may complete a semester-long Spanish language course with other visiting international students.
COURSES WITH ARGENTINE STUDENTS
Students with more limited Spanish skills may complete courses in English alongside Argentine students in the following areas: art history, economics, international relations, journalism, literature, and political science. Students with advanced Spanish language skills may complete courses in Spanish with local students in Asian Studies, business and economics, education, history, geography, philosophy, psychology, and tourism studies.
Students have the option of taking a service-learning course reviewing Urban Inequalities in Latin America during this program.
ACADEMIC YEAR STUDENTS
The Argentine academic calendar follows the calendar year. The first semester in Argentina is actually the equivalent of the spring semester in the U.S. Students who wish to study for two semesters in Argentina are encouraged to consider the Calendar Year option (spring/fall). Students selecting a Calendar Year program have access to API housing throughout their program and are not required to travel or return home during the semester break. In contrast, students selecting the Academic Year option (fall/spring) will have a 3-3.5 month break between semesters during which API housing is not provided. Both Early Start options include an intensive-month Spanish course prior to the start of the first semester.
API students receive a transcript from the Universidad del Salvador upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Centers, Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals with host families)
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Round-trip airfare on long excursions
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals)
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Manuel Ramirez is the Buenos Aires Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to Argentina.
Carmen Alvarez de Toledo and Jimena Alvarez de Toledo are the Buenos Aires Resident Directors, and will work with you during your stay in Argentina.