- Complete a course in teaching methodology
- Gain practical skills in the classroom teaching English to primary school students
- Minimum 2.5 G.P.A.
- Open to rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Must have an upper intermediate level of Spanish proficiency (or higher)
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official transcript
- CV or résumé
- Completion of a placement test and oral interview during the application phase
- Entry requirement: valid passport
Add on a Volunteer Program!
- API students completing a study abroad program (particularly in Latin America) may be interested in extending their stay on an API volunteer abroad program. Click on the link below for more information on options and pricing.
- Volunteer Add-On Options
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
6 Semester Credits
This program is a unique opportunity for students interested in teaching Spanish or English as a second language in their future careers. This program combines an internship in a bilingual primary school in Buenos Aires with a course in teaching Spanish as a second language. This combination of theoretical instruction and practical experience will increase understanding of teaching methodology and how a second language is acquired.
Students will observe and participate in classroom learning through the practical, internship component. This experience will not only enhance students’ CV but also give them an advantage when applying for a teaching job.
An upper intermediate level of Spanish proficiency is required. All students must take a written placement test online and complete an oral interview to determine if they are eligible for this program.
API students receive a transcript from the Universidad de Belgrano upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Centers, Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals with host families)
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals)
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Manuel Ramirez is the Buenos Aires Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to Argentina.
Carmen Alvarez de Toledo and Jimena Alvarez de Toledo are the Buenos Aires Resident Directors, and will work with you during your stay in Argentina.