- Classes taught in Spanish
- Complete a language course focused on medical Spanish
- Participate in clinical rotations at the Hospital Británico
- International excursion
- Minimum 2.5 G.P.A.
- Open to rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Open to students with a minimum of a low-intermediate level of Spanish experience
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Curriculum vitae (résumé)
- Additional supplemental materials
- Entry requirement: valid passport
Add on a Volunteer Program!
- API students completing a study abroad program (particularly in Latin America) may be interested in extending their stay on an API volunteer abroad program. Click on the link below for more information on options and pricing.
- Volunteer Add-On Options
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
6 Semester Credits
Students in this program will earn 6 credits of Spanish language while completing 100 hours of clinical rotations at the Hospital Británico. Mornings will be spent at the hospital, while afternoons will be spent on Spanish language instruction and seminars with local health professionals.
All students will complete a language exam prior to the start of the program to confirm their Spanish level.
API students receive a transcript from the Universidad de Belgrano upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Centers, Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals with host families)
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals)
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Juliana Lindsey is the Buenos Aires Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to Argentina.
Carmen Alvarez de Toledo and Jimena Alvarez de Toledo are the Buenos Aires Resident Directors, and will work with you during your stay in Argentina.