- Classes taught in Spanish
- International excursion
- Minimum 2.5 G.P.A.
- Open to freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Open to all levels of Spanish speakers
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Entry requirement: valid passport with supporting documents
Add on a Volunteer Program!
- API students completing a study abroad program (particularly in Latin America) may be interested in extending their stay on an API volunteer abroad program. Click on the link below for more information on options and pricing.
- Volunteer Add-On Options
Dates & Fees
API students participate in several excursions per session designed to help familiarize them with areas of their host city, country, and surrounding region. The following is a listing of all excursions for API Buenos Aires programs. All excursions are subject to change.
COLONIA DEL SACRAMENTO, URUGUAY
A brief trip from Buenos Aires by ferry, Colonia has a unique history as the only Portuguese settlement along the Río de la Plata. Founded in 1680, it was originally seen as a threat to the Spanish settlers and the port had to operate in secret violation of Spanish laws. Today, the city is still a functioning port for a prosperous agricultural region of Uruguay. The city has an historic center with cobblestone streets and picturesque architecture. Its Barrio Historico was recognized by UNESCO and named as a heritage site in the mid-1990s.
Argentina is known for its cattle, its wines and its grain. Argentine legends and mythology often refer to the mysterious life of the Argentine cowboy, the gaucho. Located a few hours from the city, local estancias, or ranches, are a wonderful introduction to the Argentina countryside. Students will have an opportunity to stay overnight and experience first-hand life on an Argentine ranch.
*Combined session summer students (e.g. Summer 1& 2, or Summer 1, 2, &3) will not repeat excursions.