- Classes taught in Spanish
- Designed for Spanish majors and minors
- International excursion
- Minimum 2.5 G.P.A.
- Open to rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Open to high-intermediate and advanced-level Spanish speakers
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Curriculum vitae (résumé)
- Additional supplemental materials
- Entry requirement: valid passport with supporting documents
Add on a Volunteer Program!
- API students completing a study abroad program (particularly in Latin America) may be interested in extending their stay on an API volunteer abroad program. Click on the link below for more information on options and pricing.
- Volunteer Add-On Options
Dates & Fees
If you require syllabi that are not listed below, please contact your API Program Manager.
Students complete the following courses at the Universidad de Belgrano.
Latin American Art (3) – Conducted in Spanish [Syllabus]
This course examines Argentine art from the 19th and 20th centuries, evaluating the influence of European centers and different movements. Examining works with a socio-historical perspective, the class will both discuss texts selected and have an opportunity to see the works discussed during organized visits to different museums around Buenos Aires.
Culture and Civilization in Latin America (3) – Conducted in Spanish [Syllabus]
This course explores distinctive cultural aspects of Latin America by looking at the ways it has been represented in readings spanning from the diaries written by Christopher Columbus to the texts of the Cuban Revolution, the iconography of Peronism, or the recent debates on neoliberalism, globalization, and populism. The course addresses a set of questions that lie at the heart of how we think about Latin America.