- Classes taught in Spanish
- Designed for Spanish majors and minors
- International excursion
- Minimum 2.5 G.P.A.
- Open to rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Open to high-intermediate and advanced-level Spanish speakers
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Curriculum vitae (résumé)
- Additional supplemental materials
- Entry requirement: valid passport with supporting documents
Add on a Volunteer Program!
- API students completing a study abroad program (particularly in Latin America) may be interested in extending their stay on an API volunteer abroad program. Click on the link below for more information on options and pricing.
- Volunteer Add-On Options
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
6 Semester Credits
This program offers high intermediate and advanced Spanish speakers the opportunity study abroad in Buenos Aires. Students complete two cultural electives related to art, literature, and culture in Argentina and Latin America.
All students will complete an online written placement test prior to departure. Students who do not demonstrate a high level of Spanish will be asked to consider the Intensive Language program at the Universidad de Belgrano.
NOTE: This session is referred to as ‘Summer 2’ due to the overlap with the Summer 2 Intensive Language Program at the Universidad de Belgrano.
API students receive a transcript from the Universidad de Belgrano upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Access to International Phone Plans
- API Alumni Network
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Centers, Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals with host families)
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals)
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Global Leadership Academy
Juliana Lindsey is the Buenos Aires Program Coordinator and will work with you through your departure to Argentina.
Carmen Alvarez de Toledo and Jimena Alvarez de Toledo are the Buenos Aires Resident Directors, and will work with you during your stay in Argentina.