Welcome back from your teach, work or volunteer program!
We love to hear about your adventures and to share your stories with other explorers too! Here are a couple of interviews we’ve done with alumni returning from abroad:
Did you take a lot of photos during your program? Tag your photos with #ispyAPI to share with the API family and be entered into our photo contest! One of last year’s winners was the very same Liz Webster we interviewed!
Nothing’s more powerful than seeing stories from abroad playing out – on any size screen! If you have videos you took abroad that you’d like to share, we’d love to see them.
Here’s an example from Kerianne Baylor, one of our Teach in Colombia participants.
It’s Your Turn
If you’d like to be featured on our blog through an interview or by showing off photos and/or videos, we’d love to share your stories! Just email the Director of Experiential Programs (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more info.
If you’d like to share how the API experience changed your life, and help inspire the next generation of students, volunteers, and teachers to follow in your footsteps, you can write an online review for us! Below are two options:
- Visit GoAbroad.com and click on the blue “Review this program” box on the right. From there you will be able to write and submit your review – it’s that simple!
- Visit GoOverseas.com and click on the white “Leave a review” box on the right. From there you will be able to write and submit your review – it’s that simple!
Though you’ve returned from abroad, you will always be part of the API family!
- If you’re looking to connect with other API alumni, staff, and future employers, we welcome you to join our alumni group on LinkedIn and our alumni Facebook group!
- If you’d like to share your story with your community and and learn how to best integrate your experience into your chosen career, get involved in API’s Global Leadership Academy.
- If you’re considering pursuing a career in International Education, you can find links to job listings here.
- Finally, if you’d like to pursue further studies in International Education, there are some great graduate programs out there. Here’s a brief list:
- M.A. in International Education and Intercultural Relations at Lesley University
- M.A. in International Education at SIT Graduate Institute
- M.A. in International and Multicultural Education at University of San Francisco
- Ed.M. in International Higher Education at Loyola University Chicago
- M.A. in International Higher Education at New York University
- M.A. in International Education Management at Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey
- M.A. or Ed.M. in Comparative and International Education at Teachers College, Columbia University
- M.A. in International Training and Education at American University
- M.S.Ed. in International Educational Development from the University of Pennsylvania
- M.A. in OLPD: Comparative and International Development Education (CIDE) at the University of Minnesota
- Ed.M. in International Education Policy at Harvard University