All students receive a Transcript Release Form in their post-acceptance online forms. By completing this form, students authorize API to forward the official transcript to a specific official/office at the student’s home university. Upon completion of the academic session, the API office receives an official copy of our students’ transcripts from the foreign host institution. We, in turn, forward the transcript to the college or university representative whom the student designated prior to their departure. This process can take as long as 2-3 months to be completed. All official transcripts are accompanied by a cover letter explaining relevant course and credit conversion suggestions and an API translated transcript when necessary (samples available upon request). Many transcripts also receive an API translation page. Though not an official document, the API translation provides our recommendations for the number of American credit hours and grades that could be assigned for each of the courses completed abroad. We recognize that each university has its own standards and methods for translating foreign credits, so we leave it to their discretion to use our recommendations or translate credit and grades per their internal systems.
To Request Additional Transcripts
API alumni wishing to order an additional transcript can do so by referencing the information and links below. To order an official copy of your transcript click on your host country destination listed below. API directly processes and issues most additional transcript copies. In a few cases, the official transcript is instead processed by a U.S. university which serves as the “school of record” and issues the transcript. Programs that have a school of record are listed below.
- San Joaquín de Flores – Instituto San Joaquín de Flores (all students EXCEPT those from the University of Texas Austin)
- San Joaquín de Flores – Instituto San Joaquín de Flores (UT Austin)
- San Jose – Host Institution Transcript
- Havana (Semester) – Transcript issued by the Universidad de Habana or Marist College
- Havana (Jan-term and Summer) – Transcript issued by the Universidad de Habana
- Host Institution Transcript
- London: FSU London Study Center ONLY – Transcripts issued by Florida State University
- Caen – Host Institution Transcript
- Grenoble – Host Institution Transcript
- Paris (Diderot, Dauphine and some CCFS students)
- Paris (some CCFS students) – Host Institution Transcript
- Paris (l’Institut Catholique) – Host Institution Transcript
- Paris (Parsons Paris) – Transcript issued by The New School
- Florence – Lorenzo de’Medici – The Italian International School *Program completed prior to Fall 2006*
- Florence, Rome, Taormina, Tuscania, 3-Cities, Venice *Program completed as of Fall 2006 or later*
- Rome – John Cabot University
- Syracuse – The Mediterranean Center for Arts and Sciences
- Host Institution Transcript (other than Madrid – Suffolk University)
- Madrid – Suffolk University
For further inquiries, please contact our Transcript Coordinator at 800-844-4124.