APPLICATIONS STILL BEING ACCEPTED – APPLY TODAY!
Your world was transformed. Now it’s your turn to transform the world.
API offers returned participants a chance to continue engaging with their international experience by sharing it within their personal, professional, and campus communities. Become an API Global Leader and learn how to integrate your experience into your chosen career path. Inspire others to explore the world and study, intern, teach, volunteer, or work abroad.
What is the API Global Leadership Academy?
Join the API Global Leadership Academy for either a semester or academic year and build core competencies of global leadership in a dynamic and creative atmosphere. Develop skills to share your experience in your community, on your campus and in job interviews. Host fun events to tell your story and learn about the field of international education. Be empowered to transform the world in a concrete way. Leave the academy with more than just a certificate of participation- leave with an edge in the global marketplace and a strong contribution to your résumé.
Should I apply for the API Global Leadership Academy?
API seeks highly motivated leaders who are eager to share the transformative power of their international experience with others. API seeks leaders who are comfortable collaborating with others to execute common goals, have demonstrated leadership roles on campus or in the community, and can work independently and creatively. API seeks participants who have completed an API study, intern, gap, teach, work or volunteer abroad program.
What will I do in the API Global Leadership Academy?
- Develop leadership competencies in a global context by participating monthly in both group and independent activities.
- Engage with your community by sharing your story through collaborative event planning, whether on your college campus or in the local area.
- Create opportunities for others to be transformed by international education through content development and targeted outreach.
- Learn from experts who have successfully integrated their international experience into leadership opportunities in international organizations, including career webinars highlighting API alumni in a variety of career fields.
- Take your passion for being abroad to the next level by working closely with leaders in the international education field to develop professional skills.
- Commit approximately 3-4 hours per month in the semester-long program and 10 hours per month in the academic year-long program to program participation, including interactive webinars and team-building activities.
How do I apply for the API Global Leadership Academy?
Access the online application here or by clicking the link on the left.
Applications accepted now for the 2016-2017 Academic Year and Fall 2016. The DEADLINE to apply is June 1! Apply today!
Answer a few questions about your experience, provide a letter of recommendation, and submit a résumé and cover letter detailing your leadership experience and goals for your participation in the academy. You can apply at any time. We will confirm receipt of your application and contact you for an interview during the review period. Review periods will be June, August, and December of every year.
Want more information?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a complete program description.