Your world was transformed – now what?
Welcome home! Only a small percentage of Americans have an international experience on their resume.
What will you do with yours? We have some suggestions.
1) Settle back into your life stateside- with your new international perspective! Join (or start!) a study abroad club on campus, reach out to your study abroad office to see if they have any opportunities for you to talk to other students about your experience.
2) Apply for API’s Global Leadership Academy! You’ve been changed by your experience abroad- now it’s time for you to change the world. Develop global leadership skills in this API alumni program by participating for a semester or an academic year.
3) Log back into your @api Toolbox account and complete some of the re-entry activities and tools listed there. You’ll learn about the Top 10 Immediate Re-Entry Challenges of returned students and how to discuss study abroad in a job interview.
4) Get ready to go abroad again! API has opportunities for you to continue to travel the world and engage in meaningful ways- before and after graduation!
5) Share your story! Instagram your favorite photos, send us snaps of you enjoying life abroad, and connect with the API community. Join our LinkedIn and Facebook Alumni groups to meet other returned students who have the life-transforming API experience in common with you.