Sample Program Possibilities
The program possibilities are endless!
We will consider any request that will operate in any of our existing program sites.
“API was fantastic to work with; (they were) easy to contact by phone and email and worked diligently to accommodate nearly all of my requests.” – E. Edwards, Pittsburg State University
Following is a brief list of program possibilities:
- Language and Culture in Spain, Italy, France, Mexico, Costa Rica, Argentina…
- Archaeology in Tuscania, Italy
- Architecture in Barcelona, Spain
- International Business in Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Creative Advertising in London, England
- Biology or Environmental Studies in Costa Rica
- Technology or Engineering in Grenoble, France
- European Union Studies in Budapest, Hungary
- Intercultural Business Communication in Madrid, Spain
- Irish History and Music in Cork, Galway, or Limerick, Ireland
- Jewish Studies in Krakow, Poland
- Ask us about your idea for a program!
“I am completely satisfied, and very impressed. Your resident directors are marvelous, and the support I got from API both in Texas and Budapest was excellent, and given the medical emergency we had, very effective. I am particularly grateful for how that situation was handled.” – S. Jobbitt, Cal State Fullerton
The following are specific examples of academic visits that have been arranged to complement academic programming:
- In Italy, students in an art and design program observed jewelry making and leatherworking at local studios, visited a marble cave and sculpture studio in Carrara, and were taken on guided tours of museums and sites.
- As part of a biology program, guided visits to the rainforests and remote beaches of Costa Rica gave students an up-close look at diverse flora and fauna. The country’s many national parks and volcanic sites also provided excellent opportunities for instruction and research.
- An engineering program in Grenoble included visits to a local engineering school, a visit to Schneider Electric, the world leader in Electricity and Automation Management, and the Bugey nuclear reactor site.
- A business program in Madrid included visits to Tetra Pak, one of the world’s leading food and beverage processing and packaging companies, the Madrid Stock Exchange, and Banco Santander.
- Students participating in a biology and environmental science program visited natural parks, botanical gardens, and a farming school in Seville.
- A Spain Field Experience In Nutrition program provided students with the opportunity to visit a public health clinic, participate in a community feeding program, tour hospital wards to see the preparation of meals and interact with patients, and visit local schools’ cafeterias and kitchens.