Choose your model
1) U.S. FACULTY-LED
A faculty member from your institution teaches the course(es), and API makes all logistical arrangements.
2) HOST COUNTRY FACULTY INSTRUCTION
API arranges for host country faculty to teach specific courses to your students and API takes care of all of the logistical arrangements.
3) COMBINATION OF #1 AND #2
API arranges for a faculty member from your institution and host country faculty to teach the courses while taking care of all of the other logistical arrangements.
4) INCORPORATE INTO AN ALREADY EXISTING API PROGRAM
If an already existing API program meets your needs, your institution simply “adopts” the program and offers it to your students. This program model can often be run more affordable than creating your own and does not necessarily have to be led by a faculty member from your university.
5) TRAVELING PROGRAM
A U.S. faculty led, host country faculty taught, or combination, that takes place in more than one location.
6) CURRICULAR INTEGRATION
API can help you and your faculty implements a specific course curriculum at one of API’s partner institutions abroad. API will assist by identifying the appropriate term, location and host institution as well as providing course curriculum matching assistance and handling all on-site student services and logistical needs.
7) EXCHANGE, DIRECT-ENROLLMENT, AND MANAGED PROGRAMS SUPPORT BY API
API provides customized support services for U.S. institutions who may maintain existing exchange, direct enrollment, and university-managed programs in any of our current API college study abroad program sites. This model is helpful for U.S. universities who desire to provide their students with more student support on-site but do not have faculty or administrators who accompany the students abroad.
- On-site support by an API resident director
- Emergency response action plans
- On-site cultural and safety orientation
- Airport reception and return
- Welcome and farewell meals
- Local metro/transportation pass
- Excursions and cultural activities
- Visa and pre-departure support
- Online forms collection
- Marketing materials
- Medical and life insurance (including medical evacuation and repatriation) option
- Cell phone rental and discount calling package option