Become an API Affliate
Thank you for your interest in affiliation with API. An affiliation with API provides a unique and formal relationship between your institution and API that will benefit your students and facilitate the study abroad experience.
Why affiliate with API?
- It does not in any way limit the many options that students will have for study abroad.
- An affiliation with API does not require a minimum level of student participation in API programs.
- Your institution will expand its study abroad program offerings at no cost: API administers over 100 programs in 20 countries and 42 cities, which vary by subject matter, location, duration, and cost.
- You and your staff can have more input and influence over the quality and consistency of API’s overseas programs. We work closely with our affiliate colleges and universities, and we value your recommendations and insight.
- An affiliation agreement provides for a closer working relationship between your office and API. This relationship affords API a better understanding of policies on your campus, and thus API is better able to serve the needs of your particular students.
- We also offer the opportunity for you and/or a staff member to make periodic site visits in order to evaluate and keep current on API programs. Participation in site visits is not contingent on a minimum level of student participation in API programs; likewise, API does not expect that student participation must increase as a result of participation in API site visits. Site visit participants are expected to complete a program evaluation upon completion of the site visit.
- API provides extensive services to all affiliated institutions to assist the study abroad office in advising students who select API as their program of choice. API will provide regular programming updates and supplemental advising tools to equip your office with a better understanding of API’s programs and services. API will also maintain an open line of communication with your office to ensure that you have the most updated information about your students enrolled in API programs.
- As an API affiliate, you can log-in any time to API’s Advisor Access system which will allow you to monitor the status of your students’ applications.
- As an API affiliate, students from your institution will be eligible for additional scholarships. API awards scholarship credits annually to each affiliated partner institution, to facilitate student participation in study abroad.