Study Abroad Jobs
Are you looking to build on your study abroad experience by pursuing a career in the field of international education? There are many great opportunities – you just need to know where to look. Consult the resources below to start on the next phase of your international journey!
STUDY ABROAD JOB LISTINGS
Following is a list of popular study abroad and international education job registries:
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diversity Abroad
- FORUM on Education Abroad
- Higher Education Jobs
- NAFSA Career Center and Job Registry
STUDY ABROAD JOB ARTICLES AND RESOURCES
Tips for finding jobs in study abroad and international education:
- How to Turn Your Study Abroad Experiences Into Skills That Can Land A Job
- Colleges Help Students to Translate the Benefits of Study Abroad
- Global Career Compass
- Go Abroad – Get Hired: Corporate Recruiters Value Study Abroad Experience
- How to Sell Your Experience
- Marketing Your Study Abroad
- The ROI of Study Abroad
- Study Abroad Changed my Life and Other Problems
- Study Abroad’s New Focus is Job Skills
STUDY ABROAD CONFERENCES
One of the best ways to find a career in study abroad/international education is to attend an industry conference and network in person. Popularly attended conferences include:
- NAFSA – Association of International Educators – NAFSA hosts an annual international conference in late May – early June, which features attendees from all over the world. In addition, each NAFSA “region” in the U.S. holds their own regional conferences, and these more intimate gatherings provide great opportunities for networking as well. NAFSA and its regions also have online job registries and list-serves that are worth signing up for. Visit the NAFSA Career Center for more information.
- FORUM on Education Abroad – The FORUM on Education Abroad is specifically focused on policy issues relating to study abroad. The FORUM holds an annual conference (typically in March), along with regional mini-conferences and workshops throughout the year.
Regional reentry conferences are a great way for students who have recently returned from a study abroad experience to network with like-minded students and advisors, review re-entry and reverse culture shock coping techniques, and learn how to best utilize their experiences moving forward in their academic and professional futures. Consult the following for regional reentry conferences in your area:
- Connecticut Area Study Abroad (CASA) Re-entry Conference
- EVOLVE – The Study Abroad Returnee Conference
- Lessons From Abroad Conferences (regional across the U.S.)
- SAGE Education Abroad Conference
EMPLOYMENT WITH API
API is always looking for talented individuals with international experience and a global worldview. Occasionally we may post open positions on this site, or on our Facebook alumni group and LinkedIn alumni group. We’re also able to receive resumes at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
API alumni are encouraged to apply for the Global Leadership Academy (GLA). The GLA fosters the development of communication and outreach skills to help you share your experience in your community, on your campus, and in job interviews. Participants earn a certificate for their contributions, and leave the GLA with an edge in the global marketplace and a strong contribution to their résumé!