After completing the online application form and submitting the $150 deposit, students will be directed to complete the supplemental application components in their @api account. An application is not considered complete until all components are received. All programs require an Official Transcript, a Letter of Recommendation and the University Contact Information Form. Some programs may also require additional components, which students will see listed in their @api account.
- Students must be 18 years old by program start date.
- Most programs require that students have a 2.75 GPA (many programs have higher GPA requirements – be sure to check the requirements before applying) and be in good academic standing at their U.S. university. Students applying with a GPA below the required will be considered on a case-by-case basis; these applicants must submit 2 letters of recommendation and a statement of explanation.
- Complete and return the application and submit all required application components.
- Check with your Study Abroad Advisor or school Registrar (whichever is applicable) for credit approval in advance (if necessary).
- Mail application components to:
Academic Programs International 301 Camp Craft Road, Suite 100 Austin, TX 78746-6501
Please note that the application deadline varies per program. Intensive two-week and month long program applications (France, Spain) are accepted on a rolling admission basis. The application and payment deadlines follow. The payment deadlines are when FULL PAYMENT and all FORMS MUST BE RETURNED.Click here for program deadlines. (Late applications are accepted on a space available basis. A $180 late fee will be charged to all late applicants.) After acceptance, students will receive a Letter of Acceptance, a Letter for Visa Application (if applicable), and several other forms which must be completed and returned by the specified payment DEADLINE for your program.
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. In some cases, this may mean that certain courses or housing options may fill prior to the official application deadline. Late applications are considered on a space-available basis and incur an additional $180 late application fee.
- The minimum G.P.A. for API programs is generally 2.75, unless otherwise noted on the program page. Students who apply with a low G.P.A. are considered on a case-by-case basis. Preference is given to those students who have an upward trend in their G.P.A., demonstrate considerable dedication to studying the language of the host country, or whose G.P.A. was negatively affected by one or two particularly difficult courses. All applicants with low G.P.A.s are required to submit two letters of recommendation and a statement of explanation.
- API advises students to APPLY EARLY. API also urges all students to discuss the following payment policies with their home university before applying to study abroad. In certain instances, a student’s home university may assume some or all of the program fees, including the application deposit and/or the confirmation payment.