- Classes taught in Spanish
- Housing: local host families and residencias
- Volunteer teaching opportunities (no credit)
- International excursion
- Minimum 2.75 G.P.A.
- Open to advanced and superior level Spanish speakers only
- Completed API application
- One letter of recommendation
- One official transcript
- University Contact Information Form
- Entry Requirements: valid passport with student visa(for programs over 90 days)
Dates & Fees
TOTAL SEMESTER CREDIT HOURS
180-285 contact hours
12-19 total semester credits
This program is geared toward advanced level Spanish speakers who want to study abroad in Salamanca. It provides advanced grammar and language instruction, while allowing students to choose from several cultural electives. Students must have taken four to five semesters of college-level Spanish or the equivalent for admission.
Students take 4-5 courses per semester, and each course is equivalent to three semester credits. Students in this program are encouraged to study for the full academic year. Students who complete the Academic Year program receive the Diploma de Estudios Hispánicos.
ADDITIONAL CREDIT OPTIONS
Students who want to refresh their Spanish skills before starting their classes can participate in the Fall and Academic Year Early Start programs, which include an intensive 3 weeks of study in September for an additional 60 contact hours of Spanish language instruction and elective coursework.
API students will receive a transcript from the University of Salamanca upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Mobile Phone
- Peer Mentors
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Centers, Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals and laundry with host families)
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Excursions (overnight, day, international)
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Professional Development Opportunities
Holly Prendergast is the Salamanca Program Manager and will work with you through your departure to Spain.
Inma Borrego and Maria Fernández are the are the Salamanca Resident Directors who will work with you during your stay in Spain.