- Classes taught in Spanish and English
- Housing: local host families, residencias & student apartments
- International excursion
- Minimum 2.75 G.P.A.
- Open to beginning, intermediate, advanced and superior level Spanish speakers
- Completed API application
- One letter of recommendation
- One official transcript
- University Contact Information Form
- Entry requirements: valid passport with student visa (for programs over 90 days)
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
120-180 contact hours
12 quarter credits (8-12 semester credits)
240 contact hours
24 quarter credits (16-24 semester credits)
This program focuses on Spanish grammar, conversation, and culture, and is designed for students at all levels who want to study abroad in Madrid. Each student’s Spanish level is determined by a placement exam administered upon arrival by the University Complutense of Madrid. The program operates on a quarter schedule and offers 120 contact hours per quarter term, though students may elect to take up to 180 contact hours per term (for an additional fee). Academic year students will take a placement exam each semester.
CULTURE ELECTIVE OPTIONS
The cultural lectures are offered in either Spanish or English. Beginning level Spanish speakers who wish to take additional hours are encouraged to choose from the Spanish grammar courses rather than the cultural lectures.
API students will receive a transcript from the Complutense University of Madrid upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Mobile Phone
- Peer Mentors
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Centers, Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals and laundry with host families)
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Excursions (overnight, day, international)
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Professional Development Opportunities
Brittany Boehr is the Madrid Program Manager and will work with you through your departure to Spain.
Quique Blanco Lopez and Maria Angeles Garcia are the Madrid Resident Directors, and will work with you during your stay in Spain.