- Classes taught in English and Spanish
- Housing: local host families, residencias and student apartments
- International excursion
- Minimum 2.75 G.P.A.
- Open to beginning, intermediate, advanced and superior level Spanish speakers
- Completed API application
- One letter of recommendation
- One official transcript
- University Contact Information Form
- Entry requirements: valid passport with student visa
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
15-21 U.S. semester credits
Offering classes taught in English in both business and humanities, as well as Spanish language courses at all levels, the Spanish Language, Business and Humanities Program is open to beginning, intermediate, advanced and superior level Spanish speakers who want to study abroad in Madrid. Students who have completed more advanced Spanish courses can choose from a wide variety of classes focusing on Spanish culture and civilization that are taught in Spanish. A placement exam determines the language level of each student.
Students can choose courses taught in Spanish from within their language level as well as courses from within the “Courses In English” category. The fall semester begins with an intensive two-week Spanish language course for 3 semester credits. The spring early start semester begins with an intensive four-week Spanish language course for 6 credits. Students are then required to take at least one Spanish language class during the semester. Depending on the term, students then choose four additional classes at 3 credits each for a total of 15 or 21 semester credits.
API students will receive a transcript from Antonio de Nebrija University upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Mobile Phone
- Peer Mentors
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Centers, Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals and laundry with host families)
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Excursions (overnight, day, international)
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Professional Development Opportunities
Brittany Boehr is the Madrid Program Manager and will work with you through your departure to Spain.
Quique Blanco Lopez and Maria Angeles Garcia are the Madrid Resident Directors, and will work with you during your stay in Spain.