- Classes taught in Spanish
- Housing: local host families, residencias and student apartments
- Minimum 2.75 G.P.A.
- This program is for students at all levels of Spanish
- Completed API application
- One letter of recommendation
- One official transcript
- University Contact Information Form
- Entry requirement: valid passport
Dates & Fees
TOTAL SEMESTER CREDITS AVAILABLE
90 hours per session
6 semester credit hours
Students who want to study abroad in Madrid during the summer with API will participate in the Spanish Language and Culture Program at Antonio de Nebrija University. This program consists of 2 classes worth 45 contact hours per course. Students take a placement exam upon arrival and are placed into a level based on the results of this exam. All students are required to take the Spanish language course at their level, and then may choose their second course from the Spanish-language electives at their level, or from the English-language electives. Language levels correspond to the European Framework levels.
API students will receive a transcript from Antonio de Nebrija University.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Mobile Phone
- Peer Mentors
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Centers, Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals and laundry with host families)
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Excursions (overnight, day)
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Professional Development Opportunities
Brittany Boehr is the Madrid Program Manager and will work with you through your departure to Spain.
Quique Blanco Lopez and Maria Angeles Garcia are the Madrid Resident Directors, and will work with you during your stay in Spain.